Sunday, June 2, 2013

Friday

It really does seem that I am more or less over him.

I don't get excited when I see him nor do I try and find every single chance to be next to him. In fact, last Friday, I didn't even notice that he was in class until the morning break.

On the other hand though, Carl keeps bugging me and it's slowly starting to get on my nerves and what adds to the fuel is his egoistical personality.

As soon as it was the morning break, I went to the professor to ask some questions and when I came back to my seat he immediately asked me a question.

Carl: Beth, zero to the power of anything is 1 right?
Me: Uh, yes. I think so?
Guy friend: No you're wrong. Zero to the power of anything is still zero. It's any number to the power of zero is 1.
Me: Ah, yeah, he's right!
Carl: No! There's some theory that I read before about this-
Guy friend: Why are you so stubborn??? Here I can prove it for you.

And they continued bickering for awhile but I turned around to talk with Tia instead and in the end Carl just walked away, refusing to admit his error.

And after the professor left, Tia and I went in front of the class to perform the dare we assigned to each other; she had to dance the 'Macarena' while I had to sing a remix of the Teletubbies theme song with 'Old McDonald'.

Yeah... I really did give it a 100% and I'm just thankful that people clapped warmly at the end. Prince and Carl were talking (that's when I noticed Prince) and I saw that Prince wanted to continue talking but I just sang louder, to annoy him most probably.

But after that Carl came to talk with me and I really felt uncomfortable because it felt like he was cornering me saying "Beth, stop doing weird things." Whatever, okay. It's not like I wanted to do that that badly. Luckily my guy friend helped me out again and Carl went away eventually.

I feel much better now. I don't feel like I need a guy to complete me and neither am I desperately looking for one because I'm sure when he comes, he'll be just like how I imagined it to be, better even.

Wishful thinking I know but that's all that I can hope for at the moment.

I wonder when those feelings will strike me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment