Saturday, June 16, 2012

Something you will regret 20 years later

Today was their graduation day and I was a bit scared on the prospect of even seeing him.


So, I reached the venue a bit late and all my committee members were in a blur cause they had no idea what to do so I asked them to wait for awhile whilst I went to get our teacher advisor since we were the Procession Committee.


I actually saw him just a few minutes after I reached there but I didn't dare to approach him.


Anyway, I was calling one of my members when I realised that my member was behind him and when I started yelling, he turned to look at me but then I pretended that I didn't notice.


I passed him by so many times before and during the ceremony.


After the ceremony though, I did my best to avoid meeting him but then again, almost everywhere I went, he seemed to be there as well.


We also took a group photo together for the Election Board. This time though, I didn't get to stand next to him.


But, the most important part of today was when Ms Dee suddenly approached me and I somehow knew why.


It was because she wanted to know if anything happened between Law and I and then I began talking to her.


She then asked me to go and say "congratulations" to him and then confess to him but I was mortified at the very idea of even approaching him.


I said I'd do it, although at that time, I didn't want to.


But then, I remembered the speech that Susie gave today whereby she quoted Mark Twain which went about almost like this: 


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. 
Explore. Dream. Discover.

And so I did the bravest thing I have done yet in my life.

I hung about for 10 minutes, trying to look busy, waiting for an opportunity to walk up to him and congratulate him cause he was standing with Angel and some more other friends.

Finally, I couldn't wait any longer so I went over to one of the seniors and congratulated him and shook his hand.

Then I went up to Law.

Me: Law! *He turns around to face me* Congratulations!
Then, we shook hands.
Law: Haha, thank you! Good luck!
Me: For what?
Law: In your future career.

And then I grinned, turn around and walked out as calmly as I could before bursting into squeals.

I had to go early cause I didn't know if my sisters were waiting for me or not.


Naturally, I felt quite happy that we are indeed slightly more than just acquaintances because of that event and I felt really happy throughout the rest of the day.

His hand is really soft.

It's like he's really a girl. XD


I went of early cause my sisters and I planned to celebrate my brother's birthday but then, Summer had a study date or something at Sutera Harbour and so we couldn't fulfill the plan.

Skye and Rainie didn't and still doesn't like what she did since we planned this since last Friday.

But, I must thank Summer for doing that cause if that hadn't happened, the next event wouldn't have happened.


After going to church, my siblings and I went to Citymall to carry out our plan to surprise him.

I was supposed to be on the pretext of buying CCs for Dragon Nest (which are actually for him) and that my brother would help me find them while my other three siblings went to get a boutique cupcake or an ice-cream cake.

So I followed behind him as we walked into the store.

And then I went back out 3 seconds later, literally.

As soon as I turned to my left to go into the shop, I saw Law standing there.

He was wearing his Leadership Camp blue pajamas that he walked about in for almost a day and leafing through the assortment of game discs.

Later on, my brother, Kai, told me that my as soon as I saw Law, my whole face turned red.

Anyway, continuing on, I rushed to my sisters to tell them that Law was there and then they kept egging me on to go and talk to him and I kept refusing.

Then, Summer went into the shop and stood next to him (according to Rainie) and then they forced me to go in but as we were about to make the commotion even worse, he suddenly walked out and he saw me just as Rainie and Skye said "GO TALK TO HIM!"

After that, the three of them left me and Kai alone so we went around looking for the CC cards.

And then, I just decided to send him a text saying that I was sorry and if I made the situation awkward.

He replied back, very surprisingly and I was really happy and shocked.

I was muttering away the whole time with Kai and looking like a crazy human when my message tone rang.

He said that it was okay and then he produced a different subject so I took that as a sign that it was okay for me to text with him.

We sent quite a few back and forth before he stopped replying.

In one of them, I asked if he read the messages, and he did.

He didn't seem to have a problem with my message and I feel good.

Also, while I was texting with him, Skye said that they saw him eating steamboat with his parents so I was texting with him while he eating.

But, he never did mention in his texts that he was eating so I feel kind of good because I know that at least I rank together with food and that he didn't really mind texting me. He was very nice cause he actually replied.

He actually went out of the way from eating to text me. :)

My sisters were initially screwing me for not talking with him but when they found out that I was texting with him, they became a bit more quiet.


I feel so blessed that God gave me this beautiful opportunity.

I really hope that I will talk with him even more tomorrow.

One of these days, I'll post up a blog post containing all the texts we've sent each other back and forth.


Must go to sleep now. :)


Thank you God for this beautiful, amazing and surprising blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment