Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sudden

And that is the best way that I can put it.

Today I went to Helen's house to spend some quality time with her before I left for Italy and I felt a bit shy and awkward at first (since I'm really bad at one-on-one conversations) but the atmosphere lightened up after a couple of minutes. Helen really knows how to put me at ease. :)

And so while we were chatting away in her kitchen (over tea, and as the British would have exclaimed, "Splendid!") her mom said something that I couldn't quite catch but she somehow understood what her mom said and she went to the entrance so I assumed some people came to see her.

At first, I thought it was some of my high school friends since I could hear her exclaiming that I was here so I decided to get up and go to the entrance and right when I reached the small kitchen, Helen walked in.

And so did Victor/Broccoli.

I had the initial shock of realising that he was there, of course, but somehow I knew this would happen.

Like the minute I got into the car before going to her place, I knew I'd get to see Victor. I can't really remember the last time I saw him. I think it was when I left college and he said "Bye".

And of course there was another guy with him, whom I have only conversed with quite properly only today. The other guy (let's call him Sean), was actually pretty okay and funny and I think that he is less scared of me now haha. XD I always get the impression that guys are afraid of me.

So when all four of us were in the small kitchen, Helen served them water and soya bean milk because that was the reason why they crashed there in her house as they were cycling to people's homes and just crashing there. Kind of cool, really, the cycling bit.

Then, Sean wanted to leave but Helen managed to persuade them to stay so we moved on to the bigger kitchen where we all chatted quite well.

I was really afraid of talking with them but I did my best to not let that show and whenever there was an awkward moment, all of us did our best to fill it and I'm glad for that. :)

Victor in particular was really helpful in filling up the silence and I'm not sure if he acted stupid on purpose or if he is really that goofy haha. At one point we were making so much fun of him that he turned red and since he was sun burned, I couldn't tell the difference but I realised his ears were bright pink. So cute! :D

There was one part when I was talking with Helen only about how I was going to miss seeing her when Victor suddenly chimed in.


Me: I'm going to miss you so much when I go!
Helen: It's okay ba, we can Skype with each other!
Victor: I have Skype also!
Sean: Me as well.

So I'm not really sure if he wanted to Skype with me as well (since I am a real social retard and I don't get most social hints) but I played on the safe side and was pretty mean by only addressing Helen as to be the one that I will Skype. Helen's going to give me Victor's ID though so maybe I'll get the chance? Hahahahahahahaha.

Then, Helen asked Victor to teach her brother in their studying room so all of us went there where we made more noise and the brother kind of just gave up studying and listened to us laughing but Victor really managed to teach her brother well. Victor is really smart haha.

They left before I left and it wasn't so awkward. He took his time to go and he even made a turn in the road so I could see him before he and Sean cycled away.

Helen kept saying it was fate and I'd like to think so too but I think it was a mere lucky coincidence. :)

Victor and I kept making weird eye contact with each other but that was about it. Thank goodness I looked quite decent when I went to Helen's house haha.

And something made me think just now.

Roy (the guy who used to like me) and I had been texting a bit before I left for Italy about him and a girl and somehow I told him that I liked Victor. And now, I get the feeling that Victor knows about that.

I don't think I have any strong feelings for him anymore though. I was happy and excited that I got to see him and there were pleasant butterflies in my stomach but that's about it.

It made me realise somehow that I really need to get to know someone first before I actually like them.

On a different note, I texted with a guy I had a small thing for three years ago and I didn't want to believe it since the texts were coming from my friend's iPhone but somehow, there was evidence to show that it was him. I kind of think that he also had a small thing for me but he gave up very quickly haha.

Okay, it's almost 1.30 am and I need to send/see Skye off tomorrow with everyone else so I shall sleep soon.

Today was a surprisingly good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment