Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A metal mesh

I pulled an all-nighter last night woohoo so I need to sleep soon. :D All-nighters will make me very hyperactive the next day and with an added dash of coffee, I was literally shaking in excited jitters the whole day. I love my school work now hahaha.

Anyway, getting off topic from the start already hahaha, I am here to talk about Prince. :)

I came on time today (and as usual, the lecturers weren't =-=;) and I waited for Yu at the front row but when she came she said that we should move to the second row (since the first one is always used to present drawings and such) so we did.

While we were discussing our project, the door opened and I looked up (which is something I rarely do these days, mainly because of Carl) and I saw Prince, which is a bit shocking since he usually comes very late. Again we made eye contact and I watched as he went to the furthest seat in the same row as Yu and I before my attention was forced to return to our project.

I didn't get the chance to talk with him because not long after that, Carl walked in and went to the opposite side of the room and Prince quickly changed his seats to be next to Carl. I felt like he glanced over every now and then (like when I was laughing out loud at one point) but I couldn't tell for sure since I wasn't really glancing at him.

I wanted to talk with him but it didn't seem as though I had any time to spare to do so.

In fact, as soon as the lecturers came in, Yu and I became busy because one of the assistants came over to our drawings and began making a lot of comments and giving a lot of critiques so we gave our full attention (I got very excited over the project ahahahaha XD).

I wanted to go over to where Prince had put up his and Carl's drawings to look at them but I just couldn't get away so I had to remain there, giving the occasional glance in their direction where they had taped the papers to the wall.

When another guy (a professor maybe) came over to discuss about our model for the project, more people started to come and Prince and Carl also came over.

I thought that Prince would leave, really, since he had already walked past our drawings and had glanced at it several times but instead, Carl was the one who left and he remained there, standing on my side of the table, looking at the drawing for quite some time before he left. Yeah, I really wanted to talk with him then but I just couldn't since I needed to listen to everything that the professor had to say.

Maybe him coming over was a sign? I don't know, I won't read too much into it.

Towards the end of the class I started to get a bit agitated and I even made a couple of foolish reactions in class (=-=;) and because of that he looked my way and I blushed really badly, but I couldn't help it. I really wanted to talk with him.

And me being foolish was one of the ways to get it out of my system, even if it is a bad one.

Yu still wanted to discuss with me so I tried to wrap things up faster and by the time they were taking down their drawings from the walls, I couldn't pay much attention to Yu anymore since I was so afraid of him leaving without me exchanging any words with him.

Yu: Okay. Now let's go to buy the materials.
Me: Wait, Yu, can I please go talk with him?
Yu: No, we need to go now.
Me: Please??? For a short while only.
Yu: Fine.

And with her understanding smile in my mind, I just walked over to where Prince was and I pushed back all my fear deep down inside.

Me: Prince, what kind of material are we supposed to use for the building? Is it only one type?
Prince: For your building facade, I think you should use a metal mesh, or something like that.

Okay, I actually don't know how it really started but it's somewhere along those lines. I just remember that I asked one question and then he immediately went into another topic that was somewhat related to the topic I introduced but wasn't exactly what I had wanted to ask, you know? All I can recall is that he said that he has been to a modelling class before and he has two friends who know some stuff about it so he will help me by asking them about it and then telling it to me later.

I completely zoned out after that because he actually offered to help me. He's being so nice and friendly and all and here I am, just awestruck. Or lovestruck. Which ever it is, I really didn't expect him to do that for me so yes, I was extremely euphoric on the inside.

When I called his name, I didn't even look at Carl and just did my best to make eye contact with him. Carl kept trying to interrupt though by asking "What is a metal mesh?" but Prince kind of ignored him and just continued talking with me about the possibilities of creating the facade of my project. At one point though, when there was a short break in the conversation, Carl re-asked the same question and Prince answered him so I broke eye contact for a couple of seconds. When we resumed talking again though, I resumed making eye contact with him and he really does have brown eyes.

Anyway, we made eye contact throughout the conversation and I made sure to smile at some points and he smiled sometimes as well. My body position was initially facing away from him (since Carl was nearby) but when I noticed that his feet were pointing towards me, I immediately faced him as well to show positive body language and I just don't know but it was the eye contact that made that conversation for me.

He rarely blinked and I just felt like he was looking at me. I was both nervous and happy at the same time and at certain points, my voice cracked and shook a bit (I blame the coffee here too) but I did my best to cover up. In fact, whenever he was nearby, I'd get nervous and I'd push my hair away from my face.

At the end of the conversation, I gave him a really big smile (I think even my smile trembled from time to time when I was talking with him) and then I said "Thank you so much!" and then I touched his right shoulder before making a kind of awkward retreat.

Heck yeah did he look surprised. I was also surprised with myself because I thought about doing it but I didn't actually think I would. Maybe it's because I saw him shaking hands with Carl that morning that I felt jealous that both of them are close enough to make physical contact. Regardless, at least he didn't flinch away from me. He just looked shocked.

Speaking of which, while he was talking with me, his eyes seemed really big the whole time, even though he was wearing glasses. Also, he didn't dress very fashionably today. Maybe that's why I felt much better approaching him.

He's very thin though, I felt like I barely felt any flesh on him. He should eat more. :|

And I got really excited after talking with him so I left as soon as possible with Yu and I did my best to mask my excitement.

Heck yeah am I happy and I am still excited hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha. XD

Oh gosh, I really need to sleep.

I am happy that he doesn't hate me, that he is treating me slightly more than just a classmate, that he actually wants to help me, that he made eye contact with me etc. etc. etc.

I have definitely learnt my lesson from Law's case and I am thankful that I went through it so that now, at least and I hope, I won't screw up as badly as I did last time.

I felt like Carl felt defeated somehow. I think it's quite obvious that I like Prince now, that I'm interested in him. Oh, and I actually told two other friends about Prince, Shay and Elle. Shay knows more though and she knows about Carl liking me and she's kind of helping me in this sector. Thanks to her, I really wouldn't have been the person I am today socially, really.

Okay, I guess that's it for today. I am glad that I am progressing slowly, but surely, in making a friendship with Prince! I hope I won't screw up and that I will continue to have this kind of mindset because I really want to use it when completing my projects as well.

Today has been a really good day despite the sudden icy weather and cloudy sky.

Thank you so much, God, for this wonderful blessing that you have given to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment