Friday, March 15, 2013

Fortune Cookie

I went to a Malaysian restaurant today with Yu and Xia and at the end of dinner, we got fortune cookies.

Mine read: A friendly conversation will tear down barriers.

Or something like that.

Funny how I think I managed to do that earlier on today.

So I woke up today, making up my mind to finally talk with him as scary as it seemed and heck yeah did I feel pumped up to talk with him and I seriously felt confident.

By the time the first break came around though, I was a bit nervous and I almost chickened out, but, I said to myself "I'd regret it even more if I die and I didn't talk to him." So I got up and I went up the steps to his seat where he was sitting alone and I sat down next to him.

Me: Hey, can I ask you a question?
Prince: Yes, sure.
Me: Did I piss you off last Friday?
Prince: No, no. I was just sick.

And then we talked for a bit more after that about him being sick, the lecture, traditional Chinese medicine and me repeating about how relieved I was that he wasn't pissed at me. I made eye contact several times during the conversation and I only held it for a bit longer a few times.

Well, if that doesn't scream obvious, then I don't know what else will. At least I had the guts to go up to him and talk with him and I can only hope that we'll be able to talk a bit every time we see each other and gradually become friends.

Speaking of obvious, I am now 75% sure that Carl is interested in me. During the break in the afternoon, he walked in front of my table but my other friend said "Hi" to him so I made it look as though I didn't know he was there to talk with me.

Oh gosh, I really am mean to the people that I am not interested in who are interested in me. His table was really far from where we sat and he walked over to talk but really, he didn't put much effort.

Also, after I talked with Prince, Acia moved her seat to sit down next to him and I heard them talking a bit during the lecture but I guess they aren't so close anymore since they sat separately for the afternoon one.

And I think that I got back a bit of Prince's interest in me.

At the end of the lesson, we exchanged glances again and it felt a bit like the glance he gave me from last time. Well, I just hope it means that way.

And maybe the way that I show that I am interested in him is obvious and I will be embarrassed about it in the future for sure but I am being who I am and I don't know how to flirt and play hard to get so I might as well stick to the way that I have now.

I just hope that our relationship will become closer.

And that's it for today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment