Monday, April 2, 2012

At a nonplus

I saw him sitting at a distance in front of me during the first break with a different group of friends and I felt like he looked my way a couple of times but then again I was too busy finishing up my Malaysian Studies assignment to even ogle at him.


I couldn't wait for second break to come any faster.


The minute I got out of English class, I went to pick June up in her class and then we went downstairs to buy lunch.


I placed my miscellaneous items on a table quite near where Law was sitting during the first break cause I figured that he wouldn't sit in the same place again.


So I went to buy lunch and when I came back, Sasha was sitting with one of my international friends, Lee Anne, at the table where I placed my things so I just sat down with them. Presently, June and Jean came around and sat down as well.


Then, when I had just begun to eat, I saw that Law walked by to my left (even though my sight was slightly blocked by Lee Anne and June who were sitting to my left) and that he sat down at the table right next to us.


After that, I couldn't really pay attention to what I was scooping into my mouth and I'm pretty sure I looked like a mess.


Throughout that time, my cheeks were burning up and it was so hot I actually wondered if I had a fever.


Sasha said to me "And again, another good location." I started to blush even harder and I looked away.


June also said that she saw Law looking at our table as if to see who was sitting there.


I've never seen him do that.


I hope I can trust June's sight.


Helen came to our place and started to tell me that she had lost something and naturally I listened to her but then she got up and went cause she said she needed to find some people.


I continued to sit there with the rest of them before I got up and went to buy ice creams with June and when we sat back down, Jean, Sasha and Lee Anne started to get up.


And so it was down to the both of us.


Over at his table as well, two of his friends (the couple) left and it was down to him, another guy friend and Ray who somehow kept on going to Law's table throughout break.


And then it became really tense cause almost every table around us was empty.


Then, June announced that we should go so I complied and I followed her to the sink where she washed her hands.


Then, Helen called me to tell me that she had found the thing that she lost and I began talking to her.


I noticed that Law and his friends also got up but then he started walking towards the main stairs so I felt slightly relieved.


But then, just as I took a step towards the hallway to the main stairs, he turned around and made his way towards me and I think he wanted to say something, I really do.


But I was fool cause I was too scared and nervous that I kept on saying to Helen on the phone "Wait! No! Wait! No! Wait! No!" repeatedly.


And we just passed by each other.


He and a friend was right behind me and Helen as we walked up the stairs.


I had to go to their lecture hall after that to meet some seniors and I think he was a bit surprised at that cause he kept on looking in my direction when I was there.


But tell me, if you weren't interested in that person, would you still continue to look at them?


I wish I could just text him right now or call him and talk to him.


But so many people is asking me to wait.


Like this prediction: Stay on the course, keep looking for the good and things will go your way in the long run - even if they don't appear to be working out in the short run.


And I admit, I was pretty shocked at one of the horoscope readings which went:


Mercury's retrograde phase brought him back into your communication sector on the 24th March, creating a second chance to give the past and unsaid words a voice. As Mercury turns direct today hold onto that opportunity and take this with you into the future, learning from past experience. This comes just as Venus returns to your work sector and when finding a balance between your personal and professional lives becomes a lot more important. You can't achieve the right balance without communication.


That was the day of the Election Board party and the day he first talked to me about something other than school.


How did it know???!


So I asked whether or not we'd be able to talk tomorrow and I got this:


Reactions positive to what you are seeking. Trying is not needed, only desire to do.


So you know what? I'm just going to take another risk of looking stupid and I'm going to greet him tomorrow with a smile and a "Hi" and hopefully, he won't hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment