Sunday, February 5, 2012

Really, the best camp I've been to, yet

So, I'll just try to recall back all the memories I had made and collected (especially regarding Law) the past 3 days and 2 nights I was away at Leadership Camp. :)


We'll go through all the events chronologically.


Day 1
As soon as school finished in the afternoon, I couldn't wait to go down and hop on the bus to go to Leadership Camp but naturally, I didn't act like some fool.


Okay, maybe I did.


When I got down, I had no idea what to do with my school bag (and my seniors had told me previously to not get confused =-=;) and so I went to ask one of the seniors what to do with it and he asked me to wait. Law was right next to him but of course I did my best to not look at him.


Although... he was still in my panorama of vision.


When I registered my school bag, he helped to carry it. 


That was part of his job of course, nothing special there.


And then I went to get ready at my station but since my bus was to be the last one to leave, our team was slightly too early so I went to help carry the bags instead.


At first, Law wasn't helping but then he eventually came by and helped out as well but I couldn't spend too much time helping him with the bags cause I had to return to my station.


My job was to hand out the booklets and tags for the camp and I hoped I'd get his tag but I didn't and if I did change my part of the booklets and tags with the other person, it'd be obvious so I decided to do my best to not try to get into anything that had something to do with him.


Sadly, even though I prayed, I didn't get to be in the same group as him.


In a way, that was good cause then if that had happened, he'd just think of me as someone under his wing so I used that to cheer up myself.


He sat at the back of the bus with the other seniors and I'm thankful I didn't turn my head a lot just to look at him.


When we reached camp, we helped out a bit and then we were given a basic briefing before we unpacked in our dorms.


Luckily, everyone in my dorm is nice and we all got along very well. :)


We had dinner after we bathed and all the Election Board juniors had to help serve the participants, buffet style, and I kept hoping that I'd get to serve Law but I never did. 


Throughout the camp. :(


Then we had our ice breaking game which had really unexpected but fun games. :)


We also had to do our cheer which had us pointing at the crowd and I kept on pointing subconsciously at him.


Idiot.


There was a workshop after that but since the Election Board didn't have a session for this workshop, we sat in a circle and discussed stuff and some of the seniors shared their stories with us.


There was a part when I suggested something that one of the seniors asked me to get permission for it from a lecturer and I kept on turning front and back because I didn't know how to put my questions into words and all that time, Law was there and I bet he thought I was stupid or something somewhere along those lines.


I was really active in asking questions during one particular session and I hope that no one felt annoyed with me. 


I don't want to annoy anyone.


And then we all went back to our dorms where we told ghost stories until 12.30 am and then we went to sleep.


Day 2
I woke up super early to bath and then we all went down to have our morning exercise.


I noticed that he looked at me, or maybe he just happened to look in my direction.


I helped out again at breakfast and I just caught glimpses of him every now and then.


We had more activities after that but I'm not in the mood to write about them cause my team had this kind of tense, black cloud hanging around.


All that I can say is that I kept on looking at him which was not supposed to happen.


70% - 90% of the time, he was on my mind.


During the photo session, I felt slightly sad that I was slightly shorter than my other friend (cause she was wearing shoes with thick soles and that made her taller than me!) but that was really a blessing in disguise cause I got to stand on Law's side.


I noticed that he is most definitely taller than me.


I couldn't estimate his height from a distance so I always thought that he was shorter than me but he isn't!


He is probably around 5-7 cm taller than me at least.


I never noticed that until he stood (not exactly) in front of me.


After that, we played a game kind of like a dating sim game except that it was more of a surviving game for a group of people than getting to score with some girl or something like that.


It was the best activity held during the camp, and I'm not saying this just because Law was one of those who held an important job in making it happen.


There was a part after we stopped playing it that Law said that the inspiration came from Battlestar Galactica and somehow, that name seemed familiar so I clapped my hands loudly while there were only a few other claps from other people.


And those other people were only guys.


No other girl was clapping.


You know why?



Battlestar Galactica is a sci-fi series which has been turned into video games and it is also a board game.


It seemed familiar to me but I didn't know why until I realised I heard about it and saw it from The Big Bang Theory which Law watches.



This really shows how feminine I am right?


But then when I clapped my hands, I noticed that he grinned at me but then again, that was only a quick glimpse because I didn't want to stare at him for too long cause I wouldn't know if I had to smile back or not.


Thinking back now (today is the 4th of March 2012) I should have. =-=;


I noticed that after that, while our group was practicing for talent night, he kept on passing us by with some friends and he even sat close to where we were practicing. But I'm sure those were all just lucky coincidences.


Our group went to have dinner after that and then we bathed and then everyone reassembled back at the main hall.


One of my friends called me "pretty" and honestly I felt a bit happy because then, maybe, Law would think I'm pretty.


But then again, I know I'm not pretty so I asked her to stop complimenting me and tried to change the subject by calling her pretty also.


Everyone then put on their performance according to what their given challenge was and some were really funny but others were a bit awkward.


Our group performed towards the end which was the second last slot.


We did a skit whereby a student made it into the Student Council but at the same time he got a scholarship so in the end he had to choose between the two.


But we got him to get both in the skit. :)


I was one of the Student Council interviewers and I was really nervous for two reasons.


A] It was only my second time acting in front of a really huge crowd (I can be usually found backstage with all the PA system and props making and stuff).


B] Law was paying attention to our skit.


Previously, he didn't really pay much attention to the other skit but then I noticed (as soon as I sat down in my place on stage) that he was paying attention.


He was sitting right across me and he wasn't part of the audience so in a way, I didn't have to pay much attention to him.


I almost messed up my lines halfway through though cause I caught him looking at me in an amused way cause I was kind of parody-ing him when he was interviewing the Student Council candidates and I think he knows that I was parody-ing him.


After we finished, we got a tremendous applause from the audience and I was a bit shocked really.


Even though there was a part that I embarrassed myself, someone told me that the seniors liked it cause they imitated me and even one of the seniors gave me a compliment after that.


I feel a bit pleased cause I knew that at least I'm not that bad at acting or anything like that.


We had a sing along after that and I noticed that as usual, whenever something very active comes up, Law just excused himself from the crowd and watched all of us being crazy (me screaming at the top of my lungs).


That doesn't mean he has bad showmanship though. 


He danced the banana dance twice on the first day and when his group had to do their cheer, he really put a lot of effort into it.


He made a really cute face. XD


I didn't get to serve him that night during dinner as well so yeah. :(


However, during supper while I was eating my instant noodles, he sat right across from me , two tables away and somehow my intuition tells me that he intentionally did that.


I did caught him staring at me.


And I'm sure that I'm not dreaming cause for a very short instant (maybe one nanosecond) we caught each other's stare but then I looked away.


I should stop that and the next time we happen to make eye contact, I will look back and give him a smile. (Edited on the 4th of March 2012).


That night, I told my entire dorm mates that I liked Law.


And I just met them.


Somehow, I really needed to get that of my chest.


Partly cause there was a part when I fell asleep for a short while during our talk and then when I woke up, they were talking about him and saying that he was cute and that they thought he was a girl the first time they saw him.


I just, you know, wanted them to know that I liked him.


I hope that they are trustworthy people but I know, the more people you tell, the sooner it will spread cause girls gossip a lot.


We stayed up till 2 am and by that time I knew everyone better and I also knew that I was the only one that had a crush on someone. No one else felt anything.


Day 3
When I woke up today, I went to bath and something made me want to bring my clothes to change inside the bathroom instead of in my dorm which was what I usually did.


When I came out, a whole bunch of seniors were right outside and Law was there with them.


My brain was processing too slowly so I didn't say anything but I knew they were all looking at me as I went inside my dorm which was very near to the public bathroom.


After a rigorous exercise and packing up, we had another activity but it was really boring.


We had breakfast after that and when I wanted to get bread for breakfast, Law was at that station and as soon as I was about to receive my slice from another senior, Law suddenly asked for "tweezers" for the bread so that he could help out.


I think he meant tongs. XD


There was another part shortly after that when I asked the seniors where all the Milo went to and then they all said that it finished and Law was also looking at me when I was asking but I didn't dare look at him.


We had more games after that but all I can say is that Law was still on my mind.


At the end of the day, after all the photo taking and all, I found out that we weren't going to be on the same bus back to school so I felt a bit disappointed but I knew he was staying behind to help with the cleaning up.


He's really a nice guy. He always stays behind to help with whatever cleaning up there is to be done like the clean-up of the unofficial Election Board room last Friday. (Edited on the 4th of March 2012)


I caught a glimpse of him again before we pulled away from the place but then I didn't want him to see me looking at him so I decided to busy myself in putting my headphones on.


Anyway, cutting out a lot of events, I was still waiting for my car when he arrived with other seniors and then he dumped his bag kind of near to where I was sitting.


Thinking about it now, why did he do that?


I mean, after that, he changed his bag's location to the outside part but he could have done that from the start, right?


But of course, it might have been another coincidence.


There was a part while I was busy doing homework when one of the seniors came over to us and talked a bit to us and he looked like he wanted to join in or something like that but then he went away.


He went home before I did.




Throughout camp, I kept on bumping into him and catching glimpses of him and I don't know if it's because of certain details other than maybe, fate?


I noticed that towards the end of camp, we were kind of approaching each other nearer and nearer whenever we walked past by each other.


The "approaching nearer and nearer" thing kind of got more frequent after that especially around the time when we had to prepare for upcoming events or when it was time to clean up.


But only when it seems as though there aren't that many people around us cause whenever there are people around us, we tend to make space between us. (Edited on the 4th of March 2012)


Is it only me who's noticing all of this?


Maybe I'm just thinking this way because I only focus my attention on him but then again, I don't remember always seeing anyone else as frequently as I saw him whenever we pass each other by.




There was a part during one of the workshops where the speaker said we are more attracted to things that are more similar to us.


I think that's kind of true.


He reminds me of myself sometimes throughout the camp and I kept on comparing those sides of him with my sides and they were almost similar.


I won't go into detail cause then it'd take me another hour to type it down and I've already spent an hour and thirty minutes writing up till this part.




I think I like him because he really is an attractive person not only appearance-wise but much more because of his personality.


I hope we'll get to work together again.


I hope this connection that I think is forming between us won't fade or disappear.




And because this is a very long post, I won't be able to make it very pretty but still, I'm doing the effort to make it look presentable and not boring. :)


And now that I re-read this and made it slightly less monotonous, I think I should make all my future posts a little less colourful as well. (Edited on the 4th of March 2012)


Going to sleep soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment