Sunday, April 28, 2013

No title comes to mind somehow

Today was the last day of the exhibition.

Okay, before I go on any further I just want to say that I think I've been on auto-pilot mode throughout this whole day, maybe it started even earlier, but I am just in a mood to not do anything, even updating this blog so this is just my disciplined side updating this blog.

Second, I'm just going to call the Italian guy yesterday Al to make typing easier and faster.

We (the girls in charge) came late so when we reached there I saw that he and some other guys were outside so I just said "Ciao" and then I went inside while he did nothing but stare so I just thought "Oh, he must've been just friendly yesterday."

But then this morning while I was sitting under the table, not caring about stuff and just applying lipstick on, he squatted down and said "Boungiorno" with a grin and so I just smiled and nodded my head.

For the rest of the day we didn't really talk much but while I was taking my lunch break he said to me "Buon apetito" and yet again with a smile so I just said "Grazie" and smiled back.

Towards the end when I started talking a bit with one of the other guys, he came over and began fooling around with the guy before going away.

It's not like I get butterflies in my stomach or find him particularly interesting but I found myself approaching him and asking how much the beer he was drinking costs and we made eye contact but he broke it off and went to stand in the crowd by himself to watch the pole dancers on stage hahahaha.

We went back to our stall after that and at one point he approached me but I was talking with another guy in English so he went away.

The weird bit was at the end when I was saying my goodbyes to everyone, giving and receiving kisses on the cheeks the Italian way.

And so when I went up to him to say goodbye I expected the old cheek-to-cheek kiss but instead he gave me a peck on the cheek which didn't cause any butterflies if you were hoping for that. It was just two pecks and then he pulled me in a bit at the end and gave me a hug which no one else did but him.

He's the first guy, first person even, apart from my dad and mom to have ever kissed me literally on the cheek. Well, as far as I can remember that is.

Then he offered me his crepe and I don't know why but I leant over and bit it so yeah I got an indirect kiss but truthfully I couldn't care somehow. He even offered more but I said that I had enough and just smiled.

Now I'm wondering why didn't I just tore a piece off. Maybe it was the way Al held it out to me. It seemed as though he was suggesting me to bite it and he even offered it again so maybe he didn't mind.

He just looked at me as I left after that and I briefly made eye contact with him but that was it.

And I guess that will be the end of this story, although things could happen in the future, who knows? I'm just going to go with the flow now and I somehow couldn't care less where the tide brings me to. I don't even know if he's really interested or not or if he's just really friendly.

Maybe this is still part of the healing process that I'm going through. Maybe those aftershocks run deeper than I thought.

I don't know. I really can't care about my studies and social life now somehow.

Whatever happens, happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment