Wednesday, March 14, 2012

36 Seconds

1910 Hours


Event: First phone call


I freaking called him.


I called him.


Him.


Okay, so I only called him because I needed to confirm if he was going to the Election Board party or not but still.


That was kind of like my first real conversation with him minus the time we talked during the Student Council interview.


I was really nervous and I kept on delaying the time for me to press the "call" button and when I finally did, I knew there was no turning back.

So here's how it went.



Me: Hi Law. It's Beth here. Did you get my SMS yesterday?
Law: Hm...  what? Oh ya, I did. Um....
Me: So can you go to the party?
Law: Uh... When do you actually need the confirmation by?
Me: If possible, by today.
Law: Okay. I don't know, but just put me as confirmed for now.
Me: Okay. We'll let you guys know the confirmed venue as soon as possible.
Law: Okay. Thanks.
Me: Okay. Thank you! :)

And then I waited for a few seconds before I stopped the conversation.

Now that I realise it (June pointed it out as well), I should have asked if he was busy or not at first and I should have said "bye" as well!

What makes things worse is that he actually waited for me to hang up.

I feel like such a fool.

I'm debating whether or not to SMS him an apology for my behaviour.

And I just did.

I asked for June's opinion and she egged me on so I did it.

It's okay if he doesn't reply though, as long as he knows I'm sorry.

Another thing about today.

When I was looking for him in his class during the second period (he was gone already cause he finishes classes early), when I was calling out the names of the people I wanted to find, all of the seniors kind of laughed in a good-natured way.

And I think they all laughed around the part when I was calling his name. But I don't want to think too much.

Just now, I told June about how I'm kind of regretting that I SMS-ed him but then she said that either way, I'd regret SMS-ing him or I'd regret not SMS-ing him.

And at least I took a risk.

Even if it doesn't pay off.

Okay, I have to go off soon cause I want to study and finish reading Hunger Games! I'm so close to the end of the first book and it's really exciting.

Okay, I must go and bath now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment