Monday, March 19, 2012

Sunlight from a crack on the wall

I didn't feel anything special when I went to school.


When my friends and I dropped off our bags at our lecture hall, I wanted to go outside to talk with Helen but then I had to talk to Paul (June's crush) regarding some money matters so by the time I got outside, Helen was gone.


I began to frantically search for her and I was about to go down the stairs to look for her when I saw Law coming up the steps so I went back to my lecture hall and saw Helen there but then I told her I had wanted to go outside so I brought "Mockingjay" out with me and began reading it.


By the time I looked up from the book, I only saw Law's back disappearing into his classroom so I felt slightly sad.


June came late today because of the bus but at least she came so I got to tell her about Ivy (the girl who commented on Law's post and who I think has a crush on him) and how my introspection went last weekend.


While I was telling Helen and June about my introspection, I felt so glad and grateful that they were actually listening.


I think it's cause previously, it was only I who played the role of "listener" in my previous group of friends up to the point that whenever I started to speak out my own thoughts and feelings, they'll just cut in and pour out their own thoughts so I end up listening to them only without ever getting things off my chest.


This was during the first break.


Law was seated somewhere that wasn't his usual seat with a different group of people whom I think I never saw him hang out with before but I couldn't look at him too much cause I was busy talking with June and Helen.


I was supposed to attend a sports house meeting during the second break but then I skipped it cause honestly, I don't think I really fit in with the people there somehow as much as I want to.


So I had break with June, Jean, and Elva.


This time, Law sat at a completely different area in the cafeteria, around the same place where we sat during the first break but then he went up very early so I felt a little sad.


We had a free period after that cause our Bio teacher didn't come in for class so June and I first went to the IT lab where Law usually goes to during his free period.


He wasn't there, of course, cause he had class but then again I felt somewhat happy that I got to experience something he usually did each week. We went to the library after that where June studied Chemistry while I continued to read "Mockingjay".


And as usual, every Monday is Gloom Day where I sit at a table in the assembly hall, alone with my thoughts and even though I studied, I can't say that my mind was fully preoccupied with Maths cause I was thinking of him also.


I mean, today, we hardly interacted at school.


The sunlight came just now when I logged on to Facebook.


I went through my usual way of checking my notifications when I noticed that he and some other seniors had commented on the map that I posted up for the party this Saturday.


He was talking to another senior though so I didn't want to bother them.


I was looking at the map for a long time when I realised that I might have got the map wrong so I posted a comment saying that the labels for the places and stuff might be wrong and then I began to check my horoscope and love predictions and stuff.


5 minutes into the prediction readings, I got one notification saying that Law had commented on the photo.


I  waited for a few seconds (although I don't know why) before I checked the comment.


All he asked was whether the road pathway was correct or not but I can tell you, I got so excited and my pulse began to quicken because he actually communicated with me through Facebook.


And it was he who started it.


Okay, so it's a really small matter but by using my hyper-analytically powered mind, I know that he at least acknowledges me as someone whom he can speak to and so in a sense, we'll have no problem whatsoever in communicating in real life because then I know for sure that he doesn't hate me.


That's the one thing that I fear the most, that he hates me.


Those few words he typed really made my day today, honestly.


I'm going to sleep soon cause I need to get rid of some eye bags but before I go, here's my prediction for today.


Feel secure the coming weekend. With your honesty it will bring about great changes.


And since the sports house party got cancelled, this could probably only mean the party this Saturday.


And since I kind of got a green light to begin talking with him, I'm not that scared anymore to communicate with him. :)


I'll be going off soon.


I sincerely hope that we'll become friends first before anything else happens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment